A comprehensive digital real estate ecosystem, Dari was launched in Abu Dhabi with the support of the Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT) to be a one-stop shop that encompasses all real estate sector services across the emirate. It aims to improve the level of services available and add new services to provide users with a smooth experience managing all their real estate transactions. One of the new services added recently to the "Dari" ecosystem is "Transferring of unit ownership from an initial real estate register to a real estate register.” This new feature enables you to complete all transfer procedures quickly, efficiently, and safely wherever you are. To complete the process of "Transferring of Unit Ownership from an Initial register to the Real Estate Register,” the applicant (Real Estate Developer Employee) must follow these steps:
- Log in to DARI App using your Digital ID, UAE ID, or UID, then go to the "Services" menu on the home page, click on "Transactions,” then choose "Transfer Unit from Initial Register to the Real Estate Register.”
- On the next page, you'll see two options for mortgage registration; choose "Continue without mortgage registration."
- Choose the property or unit to be transferred from the initial register to the real estate register.
- Review property details, developer details, buyers, off-plan contract details, and current mortgages carefully, then click "Next."
- Choose the party who will pay the due fees. If you want to register in TAWTHEEQ, check the box next to "Register Property in TAWTHEEQ.” Then, click “Next”. If it is agreed that the buyer, not the developer, will pay the transfer fee of the unit from an initial real estate register to the real estate register, the buyer will receive a notice of this to pay the due amount.
- Upload the required transaction documents, then click "Next.”
- Review transaction details, including property details, developer details, buyer details, off-plan contract details, current mortgages, outstanding transfer registration fees, and Tawtheeq details, then click “Submit”.
- A declaration will appear in which the developer confirms that there are no pending liabilities on the owner and acknowledges that they have no objection to the transfer of this property to the owner. Check the box next to "I accepted the terms of the new contract and signed it", then click "Submit."
- A message will appear confirming that a unit transfer request from an initial real estate registry to the real estate registry has been successfully sent to the municipality for approval.
After the approval of the concerned municipality to transfer the ownership of a unit from an initial register to the real estate register, the buyer must follow the following steps:
- Log in to the DARI app, the digital real estate ecosystem, using your Digital ID, UAE ID, or UID number.
- Go to the "Applications" menu on the home page, then choose the application you want to complete. Click “Review application to proceed.”
- Review the transaction details, including property details, off-plan contract details, current mortgages, payment method, Tawtheeq details, and payment details, then click "Pay Now" to pay the due payments.
- Your application to transfer registered units from an initial register to the real estate register has been approved.
- You can now download the title deed.