Dari – the digital real estate ecosystem – allows you to manage lease contracts smoothly and effortlessly, including contract renewal. To renew a lease contract as a leaser, follow a few simple steps:
- Login to Dari
- Click on Services from the home page
- Select Lease from the Services list
- Select Renew Tenancy contract from the submenu
- Select the contract you want to renew
- You will see the previous contract details along with the tenant and occupant details
While renewing a tenancy contract, you cannot edit the contact details, but you may update the rent amount. You will be able to view the following:
- Property details (cannot be edited)
- Tenant details (you will only be able to add an occupant by adding the occupant’s name and their Emirates ID (EID) or number (UID)
- Rent details (can be edited)
- Appendix and documents
- Review before submitting, to renew it
Note: Lessor cannot raise the rent amount by more than 5% of the previous annual rent.
Once the lessor has submitted a renewal of the tenancy contract on Dari, the tenant will be notified of the application. To review and respond, as a tenant, you may follow the below steps:
- Login to Dari
- Click Applications from the home page
- Select Tasks from the tabs
- Select Lease renewal
After reviewing the tenancy contract update, you will then have two choices as a tenant:
- Accept: If you accept the lease renewal, click on Accept. A message will then appear to sign the contract (within a designated area) and to accept Dari’s terms and conditions. Click on the checkmark within the designated area then click on Submit. A notification will be sent to the leaser letting them know that you have accepted the tenancy contract renewal.
- Reject: If you reject the contract, click on Reject. You will have to state your reason(s) of rejection and then click on Submit edit. A notification will be sent to the leaser letting them know that the tenancy contract has been rejected.
If the tenant rejects the renewal tenancy contract, the leaser will be able to review the rejection reason(s). As a leaser, you will then have two choices:
- Accept: If you accept the tenant’s rejection reason(s), a screen will appear to edit the contract details. Once edited, a message will appear to sign the contract (within a designated area) and to accept Dari's terms and conditions. Click on the checkmark within the designated area then click on “Send” to automatically transfer to the payment page.
- Terminate contract: If you reject the tenant’s rejection reasons, click on Terminate and a notification will be sent to the tenant letting them know that the tenancy contract has been terminated by the leaser.
Was this helpful?
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback