A comprehensive digital real estate ecosystem, Dari was launched in Abu Dhabi with the support of the Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT) to be a one-stop shop that encompasses all real estate sector services across the emirate. It aims to improve the level of services available and add new services to provide users with a smooth experience managing all their real estate transactions. One of the new services added recently to the "Dari" ecosystem is "Transferring of land ownership from an initial real estate registry to a land registry.” This new feature enables you to complete all transfer procedures quickly, efficiently, and safely wherever you are. To complete the process of "Transferring of Land Ownership from Initial Land Register to Land Register,” the applicant (Real Estate Developer Employee) must follow these steps:
- Log in to DARI App using your Digital ID, UAE ID, or UID, then go to the "Services" menu on the home page, click on "Actions,” then choose "Transfer Land Ownership from Initial Land Register to Land Register.”
- On the next page, you'll see two options for mortgage registration; choose "Continue without registering a mortgage."
- Choose the property or land to be transferred from the initial land register to the land register.
- View property details, developer details, buyers, off-plan contract details, current mortgages, and broker details, then click "Continue."
- Choose the party who will pay the due fees. If you want to register in TAWTHEEQ, check the box next to "Register Property in TAWTHEEQ.” If it is agreed that the buyer, not the developer, will pay the transfer fee of the land from an initial real estate register to the land register, the buyer will receive a notice of this to pay the due amount.
- Upload the required transaction documents, then click "Next.”
- Review transaction details, including property details, developer details, buyers, off-plan contract details, existing mortgages, outstanding registration fees, TAWTHEEQ registration fees, and broker details, then click “Submit”.
- A declaration will appear in which the developer confirms that there are no outstanding dues on the owner and acknowledges that they have no objection to the transfer of this property to the owner. Check the box next to "I accepted and signed the terms of the new contract", then click "Submit"
- A message will appear confirming that a land transfer request from an initial real estate registry to the land registry has been successfully sent to the signatory developer employee for approval.
After the approval of the concerned municipality to transfer the ownership of land from an initial land register to the land register, the applicant (the real estate developer employee) or the buyer (as agreed on the party who will pay the fees) must follow the following steps:
- Log in to the DARI app, the digital real estate ecosystem, using your Digital ID, UAE ID, or UID number.
- Go to the "Transactions" menu on the home page, then choose the transaction you want to complete.
- Review the transaction details, including property details, on-plan contract details, and outstanding fees, then click "Pay Now" to pay the due payments.
- A message will appear asking you to confirm the approval of the request to transfer land ownership from an initial land register to the land register. You can now download the title deed.